Full Show Notes Available At: http://www.olivermanalese.com/15
Today my guest is The Cornerman, Dr. Jeff Spencer. After meeting Jeff for the first time I was blown away to hear about his experiences, insights, and observations on goal achievement and the champion's mindset. I truly value his wisdom and have implemented what I've learned from our conversations, his newsletters and this interview. It has created an immense amount of clarity, focus, and action for me in my business.
If you don't already know him, Jeff is someone who wants you to win big. He has over several decades in the high-performance world as an Olympian and cornerman to champions and has evolved a repeatable blueprint for anyone to get what they want. His goal is to share with you his step-by-step proprietary process that has created Olympic gold-medalists, world champions and has helped celebrities, business, and political leaders to accomplish their goals consistently and predictably.
In this episode, we dive into the impact of self-care on your day, distinguishing the champion’s nature vs human nature, the value of doing the most difficult task first, distinguishing between goal setting and goal achievement, the importance of seeing the path forward and much, much more.
I am so excited for you to absorb Jeff's wisdom. Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
You Can Also Subscribe To The Show on iTunes Here: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-o…d1200840535?mt=2
Dr. Jeff Spencer wants you to win big. Over several decades in the high-performance world as an Olympian and cornerman to champions, he has evolved a repeatable blueprint for anyone to get what they want. And, he wants to share with you that step-by-step proprietary process that has created Olympic gold-medalists and world champions, the same one used by celebrities, business, and political leaders to accomplish their goals consistently and predictably.
“Jeff’s wisdom and the few simple things he told me to do at critical points enable me to win Olympic Gold” -- Greg Rutherford, 2012 Olympic Long Jump Champion
“Jeff Spencer is like my secret weapon. He knows what to say or ask to pull or push me through. Any champion has someone to direct them and to get the best out of them. For me, that is Jeff Spencer.” -- Garrett Gunderson, CEO, Wealth Factory
“Jeff is in a class all by himself and working with him is a must for any person wanting to sharpen their physical, mental, and emotional mind-body toughness to success in sport, business and in life.” -- Connie Paraskevin, 4-time World Sprint Cycling Champion
What You'll Learn:
- How self-care in the early morning can impact your day
- The importance of unwinding for the night and sleeping early
- Pacing yourself and tackling the most difficult tasks before they become too daunting later
- Managing your time well to get the most out of your day without tiring yourself out
- The difference between The Champion's Nature vs Human Nature
- How to live deliberately instead of by default
- How Jeff's history has always been leading towards The Champion's Nature
- Jeff's acquired wisdom from health care and Olympic training, and how they have shaped his view on life
- Never being too proud or ashamed to ask for help
- Accepting that we require several external sources of wisdom and inspiration
- Discovering the several "Why's "that drive your motivation and informs your goals
- To debunk the myth that the lives of top performers are much easier because "they've made it," when really, top performers face higher levels of challenge to get to and stay where they're at
- How the level of conversation you have impacts the level of success and happiness that become available to you
- Learning to see the path forward to undo the fears of success and the challenges that come with it
- Goal setting is not goal achieving